- Immediately After Offer Acceptance
- Submit desired enrollment Academic Year/Term in Pre-Enrollment Survey (survey link will be sent). The Academic Year officially begins in September. However, you may request to enroll in May (Early Enrollment) or in the following January (Late Enrollment).
- 2 Months Prior to Enrollment
- Begin process for relocation (including visa application). The Student Affairs Section will communicate with you via email and provide information and guidance for relocation. Mentor will be assigned. You will communicate with your Mentor and build your Academic Plan (form will be provided) for the first two years of your PhD program. In the Academic Plan, you will submit your preferred labs for Lab Rotations.
- 1 Month Prior to Enrollment
- Flight arrangements to Okinawa will be made and housing allocation will be decided.
- 3 Weeks Prior to Enrollment
- Assignment to lab rotations will be determined.
- 2 Weeks Prior to Enrollment
- Get ready to move and ship necessities to Okinawa.
- 1 Week～1 Day Before Enrollment
- Arrive in Okinawa! Welcome to OIST!
- Due to COVID-19, it may require the students from overseas to go through 14-day quarantine period as well as PCR testing. PCR testing will be provided by OIST after arrival in Okinawa, free of charge. Therefore the date you arrive at OIST is subject to change for this purpose.
OIST response to COVID-19
- Financial Support for Relocation
- Costs for relocation, including moving expenses and travel expenses will be provided by OIST. The Student Affairs Section will notify you of the details after offer acceptance is confirmed.