Research Internship Enrollment Process
- After receiving the Offer Letter via application system
- The Graduate School will finalize the date of when you will join the internship program with you and the hosting unit. We will contact you approximately 3.5 months in advance to your desired starting date. Once the date is finalized, an official Acceptance Letter will be sent to you by email.
- 3 Months Prior to Enrollment
- The Student Affairs Section will communicate with you via email to start logistic arrangements. In the case a visa is required, we will also apply for your Certificate of Eligibility (CoE). You will then take the CoE and related documents to the Japanese Embassy/Consulate-General nearest you and apply for visa in person.
- 1 Month Prior to Enrollment
- Flight arrangements to Okinawa will be made and housing allocation will be decided.
- 1 Day Before Starting the Internship
- Arrive in Okinawa! Welcome to OIST!
・Due to COVID-19, PCR testing will be provided by OIST after arrival in Okinawa, free of charge. The date you arrive at OIST is subject to change for this purpose.
OIST response to COVID-19
- After Enrollment
- Attend the Research Intern Orientation